Once a carrier is added that works by IP validation; such as Xcast or Enterprise and you have at least 1 working DID then this article is for you. A DID is an Direct Inward Dial number, essentially its a phone number. If you need DIDs click here firstname.lastname@example.org?SUBJECT="I Need DIDs"
Lets add 555-212-4444 (a fictitious number)
- Login to the web admin area of vicidial
- Show DIDs
- Find the DID you want to copy, notice if it has a 1 in front of the number. If it does you need to add a 1 in front of the number.
- Click Copy DID
- Enter new DID (remember if it has a 1 to add that) for Enterprise or Xcast normally there is no 1. So enter only digits 5552124444
- Description: such as inbound Wigets Advertising
- Select the DID you want to copy; preferably one that already is routed where you want this one to go.
- Look at the DID now. If you want it routed to an Inbound group."DID Route = IN_GROUP" the IN_GROUP ID should be your desired destination.